New audio processor is perfect for DAB, Satcasting
30 July 2007, Cleveland Ohio, USA
Digital broadcasting has tremendous potential — the potential to sound really awful if the coding process removes all the dynamics from your sound. Meet Omnia ONE for Coded Audio: the ONE box that pre-conditions your audio to minimize the audible effects of bit-reduction.
A fresh new design based on the latest, most powerful platform ever, Omnia ONE uses SENSUS™ technology (developed in collaboration with the coding experts at Telos) to monitor content and dynamically optimize processing for the target encoder, resulting in fewer coding artifacts for smooth, clean multicasts. Its debut at NAB 2007 earned it a prestigious Radio World “Cool Stuff” award earlier this year.
Digital radio isn't the only bit-reduced stream that can benefit from Omnia ONE. Satellite broadcasters, producers of webcasts or podcasts, those preparing audio for broadcasting to cellular phones — anyone producing audio for coded channels can benefit from the audience-grabbing sound that's made Omnia the first choice of broadcasters everywhere.
“Broadcasters require a lot of flexibility in an audio processor, because transmission systems exist in so many different forms,” says Omnia founder and president Frank Foti. “And Omnia ONE is very flexible. Special firmware allows it to meet the challenges of FM, AM, HD Radio™, DAB, DRM, multicasting, satcasting, podcasting, and any other form of ‘casting’ you can think of!”
The benefits of Omnia ONE include:
- A wideband gain rider plus four-band AGC allows fine adjustments to create “signature sound.”
- Look-ahead final limiting, optimized for Digital radio, with feedback limiters for the lower two bands and feed-forward for the upper two bands.
- SENSUS codec conditioning technology enhances clarity and musicality even at low bit rates.
- Time-aligned, dynamically flat, perfect-reconstruction crossovers.
- Selectable phase rotation for vocal warmth and presence.
- Full-featured I/O section includes Analog and AES/EBU connections, plus Livewire™ interface for direct integration with Axia IP-Audio networks.
- Silence-sense can automatically switch to backup input on loss of audio.
- Flexible remote control via Ethernet, RS-232, or GPIO connections.
Visitors to IBC 2007 in Amsterdam, September 6 – 11, can see and hear Omnia ONE in the Telos / Omnia / Axia stand, # 8.239. Omnia ONE for Coded Audio is shipping now with an MSRP of $2,995.00 USD.
This press-ready photo of Omnia ONE with Livewire can be downloaded from the Axia Picture Gallery at www.AxiaAudio.com/pix/.
Omnia, a Telos company, is world-renowned for its digital audio signal processing expertise. Omnia audio processors for FM, AM, TV, HD Radio & DAB, Internet, and audio production are setting new standards for professional audio quality.
Axia, a Telos company, builds Ethernet-based professional IP-Audio products for broadcast, production, sound-reinforcement and commercial audio applications. Products include digital audio routers, on-air control surfaces, DSP mixers and processors and software for configuring, managing, and interfacing networked audio systems.