February 1, 2010, Cleveland Ohio, USA
Telos introduces a compact version of its groundbreaking Nx12 broadcast telephone system – the Nx6 Talkshow System, packaged with the Telos Desktop Directorand Telos Assistant Producer call-screening software — for only $3,995.
Contained in a slim 2RU chassis, the new Nx6 contains four adaptive digital hybrids with advanced DSP technology to give callers better sound than ever; perfect for phone-intensive formats such as talk or interview shows, where caller quality is critical.
Nx6 supports up to 6 analog or digital phone lines. Each of the four hybrids is equipped with individually adjustable AGC and noise gate by Omnia. Combined with Telos’ renowned Digital Dynamic EQTM (DDEQ) and adaptive hybrid technology, the Nx6 delivers superior caller-to-caller consistency whether you’re using POTS or ISDN.
Nx6 features and benefits:
- Four digital adaptive hybrids that can power two standard studios or, for telephone-intensive formats, a single four-hybrid studio
- Adjustable DDEQ keeps sound signature uniform from caller to caller
- New symmetrical Smart AGC by Omnia keeps levels consistent, automatically adjusting for callers who are too loud or too soft
- “Long-tail” echo suppression helps tame echo on satellite, cellular, and VoIP calls
- Status Symbols™ Visual Call Management display line and caller status instantly
- Built-in remote control capabilities for recording devices and profanity delay units
- Studio Adaption and pitch shifter to help prevent feedback in open-speaker environments
- A large selection of tabletop and in-console control surfaces let you tailor your phone system to fit your needs and budget
- Standard accommodation for up to 4 control surfaces; expandable to eight
- Full-featured I/O with choice of AES/EBU or analog connections, or Livewire™ Ethernet interface for single-cable integration with Axia IP-Audio networks
- Built-in webserver lets you administer options from anywhere via LAN or WAN
- Configurable as one or two Program-on-Hold inputs depending on show configuration
- Choice of POTS, ISDN (S) or ISDN (U) telephone lines
The Nx6 package includes one Desktop Director, and Assistant Producer call screening software. The Desktop Director controls two or four hybrids, respectively, and includes a built-in handset, an acoustically isolated speakerphone, and a jack for your producer’s favorite headset. Assistant Producer call-screening software provides onscreen control and enhanced producer/talent communication during fast-paced talkshows.
Other control surface options are the Call Controller, a standalone two-hybrid/12-line control surface which connects to your favorite wired or wireless phoneset. Axia Element users can control Nx6 right from their studio console with optional Axia Call Control or Phone Fader Modules.
The Telos Nx series of telephone systems is pre-engineered for broadcasting’s networked future. Nx systems use the LivewireTM standard for professional networked audio over Ethernet, connecting directly to Axia IP-Audio Networks. When used as part of an Axia network, a single CAT-6 connection carries all caller audio and mix-minus feeds, Program-On-Hold audio and hybrid control commands.
The Telos Nx6 package with Desktop Director and Assistant Producer is available at just $3,995 US MSRP. The twelve-line Nx12 package lists at $4,995 US MSRP.
This press-ready photo of Nx6 can be downloaded from http://www.telos-systems.com/press-gallery/
Telos Systems, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with offices in Europe, is a leading manufacturer of ISDN, coded audio and telephone interface products for talk-shows, teleconferencing, audio production, remote broadcasts, and intercom applications.