New network management software speeds system documentation, software management.
29 June 2007, Cleveland Ohio, USA
Axia Audio is now shipping iProbe, a new network maintenance and diagnostics suite that makes managing, updating, and remote-controlling Axia IP-Audio Networks easier than ever.
iProbe software gives Axia administrators complete information about and control over their IP-Audio network. Running from a PC connected to the Axia network, iProbe lets admins manage and maintain large groups of audio devices from a single control panel. Upon installation, iProbe queries every audio device on the network, compiling information about IP addresses, software versions and more.
Just some of iProbe’s useful features:
- A powerful Auto-Documentation feature that records configuration settings for every networked Axia device — essential for administering large networks; a valuable tool for networks of any size.
- An auto-update module that finds the software version of all connected devices, and can acquire and upload new versions automatically.
- An Organizer tool that allows gathering of Axia Audio Nodes into logical groups for single-point administration of group settings, and mass software updates.
- A Firmware Manager that simplifies obtaining software updates.
- An Update Manager that makes it easy to apply newly-released software to single or multiple devices.
- A Backup utility that saves device individual device configuration for easy restore.
- Quick links that call up individual device configuration pages with one mouse click.
Axia iProbe works with any Axia IP-Audio network, and runs on any P2-400 MHz (or greater) PC, with a 100Base-T Ethernet NIC, running Windows 2000, XP or Vista. iProbe has an MSRP of $495.00; for more information, or for the location of your nearest Axia Audio dealer, visitwww.AxiaAudio.com.
These press-ready images of Axia iProbe can be downloaded from the Axia picture gallery atwww.AxiaAudio.com/pix.
Axia, a Telos company, builds Ethernet-based professional IP-Audio products for broadcast, production, sound-reinforcement and commercial audio applications. Products include digital audio routers, on-air control surfaces, DSP mixers and processors and software for configuring, managing, and interfacing networked audio systems.