Z/IPSTREAM R/2 OVERVIEW
Processing and Encoding of Multiple Programs
Z/IPStream® R/2 produces the best possible streams by providing a multitude of streaming options for the broadcaster and maximizing audio quality for the listener. This second-generation Z/IPStream processor and encoder is essentially the hardware appliance version of the successful X/2 and 9X/2 software, allowing flexible, multi-format stream-encoding for up to eight audio programs in a single 1RU chassis.
Ideal for high-density processing and encoding applications, R/2 offers the simplicity and reliability of a single 1RU dedicated hardware appliance. R/2 is available with 3-band Omnia processing or full Omnia.9 processing, both featuring high-quality Telos® encoding.
Z/IPSTREAM R/2 FEATURES
Processing and stream encoding of up to eight audio programs in 1RU
Available in models with 3-band or full Omnia.9 processing
AES/EBU, AES67, and Livewire® audio I/O
Encode a program at multiple bitrates for adaptive streaming applications. Apple HLS and Microsoft Smooth Streaming formats are supported AAC-LC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2, xHE-AAC and MP3 stream encoding from 16 kbps to 320 kbps depending on codec used
xHE-AAC for low-bitrate streaming
Dual power supplies and dual gigabit Ethernet ports for reliable, 24/7 operation
Processing or encoding can be used independently if desired
Process and encode the same audio program in multiple formats. Simultaneously send the encoded streams to multiple destinations
Supported server platforms include ICEcast, SHOUTcast, SHOUTcast v2, Adobe Flash Media Server, Wowza, as well as Triton Digital, LimeLight, Akamai, and other popular streaming services
Includes support for RTP and RTP multicast streams
Built-in HTTP server can directly serve HLS streams
- Optional StreamMonitor listens to local or remote streams for connection issues and audio presence
HTML5 web-based remote control for administration
SNMP support allows direct monitoring from your SNMP management system, or you can receive alerts via email
Integrates into your workflow: REST-ful API allows full control from your application to start/stop streams, switch audio sources or insert audio content from files; or monitor multiple devices simultaneously
Dedicated IP remote control software with test instrumentation (RTA, FFT, oscilloscopes, loudness metering) for audio-processing adjustments when using Omnia.9 processing
New flexible Metadata allows R/2 to accept metadata from multiple play-out systems and lets broadcasters tweak the fields they want to present to listeners
- Supports Kantar Watermarking
Z/IPSTREAM R2 IN DEPTH
Z/IPStream R/2 is the latest generation of streaming audio processing and encoding hardware in the Z/IPStream family, handling processing and encoding of multiple audio programs in a compact 1 RU chassis. Processing and encoding of up to eight audio programs is supported, with Livewire and AES/EBU I/O audio input.
The base unit includes processing and encoding of two audio programs using the standard 3-band Omnia audio processing. Encoding formats including MP3, AAC-LC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2, and xHE-AAC. Multiple codecs and bitrates are supported simultaneously on each audio program. A special multirate AAC encoder is included for adaptive bitrate streaming applications. Supported streaming platforms include ICEcast, SHOUTcast, SHOUTcast v2, Adobe Flash Media Server, Adobe RTMP, Triton Digital, LimeLight, Akamai, and Wowza. Additional audio program inputs and Omnia.9 processing are available as options.
The Z/IPStream R/2 with Omnia.9 processing models include exclusive ‘Undo’ de-clipping, 6-band parametric EQ, downward expansion (source noise reduction), multiband stereo enhancer, up to three-stage AGC with adjustable sidechain filter, 2-7 bands of processing, and final two-band look-ahead limiter. Full IP remote control of processing parameters is available via NFRemote, along with the complete Omnia.9 suite of test instrumentation (loudness metering, FFT, RTA, oscilloscope, and remote client audio streaming).
Z/IPSTREAM R/2 SPECIFICATIONS
- Includes standard 3-band Omnia processing. Optionally use full Omnia.9 processing with up to 7 bands of processing. The number of audio processing instances that may be used simultaneously depends on overall system configuration and resource usage. As expected, Omnia.9 is more resource-intensive than the 3-band Omnia processor. The chart below illustrates the number of instances that can be run under typical usage scenarios. It is provided as a guide, the actual number may be different for your specific application.
- Includes AAC-LC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2, xHE-AAC, and MP3 encoding at bitrates from 16 kbps up to 320 kbps (depending on codec). A program may be encoded using multiple codec formats and bitrates simultaneously. A special multirate encoder supports encoding for adaptive streaming applications. The multirate encoder properly generates the required Stream Access Points for adaptive streaming.
Ethernet Remote Control
- Gigabit Ethernet supports HTML web interface for administration, REST API for remote control, and SNMP monitoring. Also used with dedicated remote control application for Omnia.9 processing. Various metadata update methods via Ethernet supported as well.
Livewire and AES/EBU audio I/O
Supports AES/EBU input at up to 24 bits, 192 kHz
Supports direct input from RTP streams
- Dual power supplies, each rated at 100-264 VAC, 50/60Hz, auto-sensing, 100W max. total
Dimensions and Weight
North America: FCC and CE tested and compliant, power supply is UL approved.
Europe: Complies with the European Union Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS), as amended by Commission Decisions 2005/618/EC, 2005/717/ EC, 2005/747/EC (RoHS Directive), and WEEE.
For the latest Telos Alliance warranty, visit: telosalliance.com/warranty