Version 1.5.5 Now Available for Download
5 October 2001, Cleveland, OH USA
Telos Systems has announced the availability of updated software for their popular Zephyr Xstream family of ISDN broadcast audio codecs. Xstream v1.5.5 software can be automatically downloaded and installed using an FTP connection with Zephyr Xstream’s built-in update function.
In addition to Zephyr Xstream’s groundbreaking use of Fraunhofer’s latest coding methods (high-quality MPEG-AAC and Low-Delay MPEG AAC-LD), v1.5.5 software adds important enhancements such as:
- A new, exclusive Layer-3 Dual Decoder Mode, which allows reception of two independent mono Layer-3 streams from distant codecs at 56 or 64 kbps each. This mode, unique to Zephyr Xstream, allows more transmit/receive flexibility than any other codec.
- End-to-end ancillary data support. Eight bi-directional contact closures as well as serial data transmission are available in all MPEG Layer-3 and MPEG-AAC / AAC-LD modes, as well as Layer-2 Mono and Half modes (64kbps).
- A Local Control option with “Panic Dial” dial-on contact closure ability for all eight closures.
- Adds choice of consumer or professional output line-levels in all models featuring built-in stereo mixers.
- Adds MPEG Layer-2 support transmission of audio at 32kHz.
Version 1.5.5 software is available free to Zephyr Xstream users. Before updating, customers should consult with Telos Systems Technical Support.
Telos Systems, with headquarters located in Cleveland, Ohio, and offices in Baltimore, Maryland; San Diego, California; and Freising, Germany is a leading manufacturer of ISDN, digital network and telephone interface products for talk-show programming, call-in radio segments, teleconferencing, audio production, remote broadcasts, and intercom applications.
To find out more about Telos Systems, call +1 (216) 241-7225 or e-mail email@example.com.