New software application speeds system documentation, software management.
26 February 2007, Cleveland Ohio, USA
New from Axia Audio, the iProbe Network Management utility is an intelligent network maintenance and diagnostics suite that makes managing, updating, and remote-controlling your Axia system easier than ever.
“Broadcasters love building studios with Axia because it’s so easy to administer the entire system. All that’s needed is a PC with a Web browser,” explains Axia marketing manager Clark Novak. “iProbe lets you manage and maintain large groups of audio devices all at once, giving IP-Audio network admins a complete picture of the state of their system with just one glance.”
iProbe software gives Axia administrators complete information about and control over their IP-Audio network. Upon installation, it goes to work querying every audio device on the network, compiling information about IP addresses, software versions and more.
“Business network administrators have enjoyed the convenience of whole-plant management tools for some time. iProbe brings that same convenience to maintaining a broadcast complex,” says Novak. iProbe features include:
- A powerful Auto-Documentation feature that documents configuration settings for every networked Axia device — essential for administering large networks; a valuable tool for networks of any size.
- An Organizer tool that allows gathering of Axia Audio Nodes into logical groups for easy management and single-point administration of group settings.
- A Firmware Manager that simplifies obtaining software updates.
- An Update Manager that makes it easy to apply newly-released software to single or multiple devices.
- A Backup utility that saves device individual device configuration for easy restore. • Quick links that call up individual device configuration pages with one mouse click.
Axia iProbe works with any Axia IP-Audio network, and runs on any P2-400 MHz (or greater) PC, with a 100Base-T Ethernet NIC, running Windows 2000, XP or Vista. iProbe will begin shipping during the 2nd Quarter of 2007 at an MSRP of $1,095.00 USD; visit Axia Audio at the NAB in Las Vegas, Booth N7726, to see iProbe in action. For more information, or for the location of your nearest Axia Audio dealer, visit www.AxiaAudio.com.
These press-ready images of Axia iProbe can be downloaded from the Axia picture gallery atwww.AxiaAudio.com/pix.
Axia, a Telos company, builds Ethernet-based professional IP-Audio products for broadcast, production, sound-reinforcement and commercial audio applications. Products include digital audio routers, on-air control surfaces, DSP mixers and processors and software for configuring, managing, and interfacing networked audio systems.