ARC Television Loudness Processor
ARC TELEVISION LOUDNESS PROCESSOR OVERVIEW
The Linear Acoustic ARC is budget-friendly, easy-to-use, 2-channel television processor specifically designed for regions and applications that do not require support for multi-channel, coded audio, but where no-compromise audio quality is valued.
ARC TELEVISION LOUDNESS PROCESSOR FEATURES
Features at a Glance
Audio processing using the Linear Acoustic APTO® loudness adaptation algorithm
Compliance for any loudness recommendation or regulation including EBU R-128 and ATSC A/85 (CALM)
Processing for two PCM stereo or mono program streams
Ability to specify target loudness and True Peak values
3Gb/s HD/SD-SDI and AES-3 I/O
AES67 I/O supports SMPTE ST 2110-30 workflows
Dual internal redundant auto-ranging power supplies
Browser-based remote control
ARC TELEVISION LOUDNESS PROCESSOR IN DEPTH
The Right Features at the Right Price
Until now, broadcasters looking for a straightforward, stereo, television processor had to make some difficult compromises.
Less costly solutions were budget-friendly, but the savings came at the expense of audio quality. Products that delivered excellent audio performance also included features such as support for multi-channel, coded audio and audience measurement watermarking that simply aren’t required in many regions – and with a price tag that put them out of reach to smaller broadcasters.
Linear Acoustic ARC eliminates that compromise by offering a 1RU DTV audio processor for two independent PCM stereo or mono program sources that delivers the viewer-pleasing audio upon which Linear Acoustic has built its reputation
ARC features the Linear Acoustic APTO loudness adaptation algorithm which carefully controls levels in away that preserves transients, sonic image, and the artistic intent of the original audio source while still ensuring full compliance with any loudness recommendation or regulation including EBU R.128 and ATSC A/85 (CALM).
Simple, Straightforward Setup
Setting up ARC couldn’t be simpler: Select a suitable adaptation profile for your programming from the ample list of factory presets, adjust a single control to determine the amount of overall processing desired, set the desired loudness target, and walk away with confidence.
A front panel navigation cluster is used for initial setup, while a web-based, browser- and OS-agnostic remote user interface makes more detailed setup and monitoring easy and convenient on any computer or mobile device. A front panel color LCD display clearly shows audio levels and loudness information.
Ready for Today, Ready for the Future
I/O includes AES-3, 3Gb/s HD/SD-SDI, and AES67, making ARC suitable for use in today’s typical broadcast facilities, but also compliant with SMPTE ST 2110-30.
ARC TELEVISION LOUDNESS PROCESSOR SPECIFICATIONS
- Linear Acoustic APTO® Loudness Adaptation algorithm; processing for two stereo or mono programs.
- One 2-channel input and one 2-channel output via Ohm BNC female connectors, internally terminated; signal levels per SMPTE 276M/AES-3ID-2001
- One auto-sensing 3Gb/s HD/SD-SDI (SMPTE ST425/292M/259M) input and one output via 75 Ohm BNC female connectors, internally terminated; video formats up to 1080i/60/59.94/50Hz
- 16-channels of bi-directional AES67 I/O in support of SMPTE ST 2110-30 workflows
- 48kHz reference via SDI, PTP, AES-3, or internal clock
Sample Rate/Resolution/Frequency Response
- 48kHz, 24-bit, 20Hz – 20kHz
- Two Gigabit RJ-45 connections – one for AES67, one for networked remote control
Parallel GPI/O Control Port
- 15-pin female D connector, 0-5V TTL levels, 5 GPI/O inputs, 5 GPI/O outputs
- Traps include loudness above/below target, loudness within target window, change in reference, and power supply status
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- 5-key navigation cluster; graphical color LCD display; LED status indicators for each power supply and reference
- Dual internal redundant auto-ranging power supplies, each rated at 100-264VAC, 50/60Hz, 40 Watts maximum
Dimensions and Weight
19” W x 9” D x 1.75” H (approximately 48.2 x 22.9 x4.5 cm )
Net weight: Approximately 9.0 lbs (4.08 kg)
Shipping weight: Approximately 12.0 lbs (5.44 kg)
Operating: 0 to 50 degrees C
- Non-Operating: -20 to 70 degrees C
Telecommunications center or dedicated computer/machine room
North America – FCC and CE tested and compliant with UL-approved power supplies
Europe – Complies with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS), as amended by Commission Decisions 2005/618/EC, 2005/717/EC, 2005/747/EC (RoHS directive), and WEEE
- Standard Telos Alliance 2-year limited parts and labor