SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II
SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II – LtRt plug-in for Workstations
SurCode for Dolby® Pro Logic II is a certified Dolby Pro Logic II encoder and decoder that allows fast and easy processing and management of file-based and real time Dolby Pro Logic assets.
SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II offers complete Dolby Pro Logic II encoding and Pro Logic II, Pro Logic IIx and Pro Logic IIz decoding of up to 8 channels of audio. The product enables auditioning, encoding and decoding of audio, making it easy to produce surround–ready mixes in real time and, being file–based, at faster than real time. SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II also decodes back to multichannel audio, making it the perfect complement to post–production LtRt needs, and multichannel field surround microphones.
SurCode for Dolby Prologic II provides
- Complete encoding, decoding, measuring, monitoring and QC for LtRt and LoRo in oneunified environment
- Encode & decode simultaneously in real time to easily optimize yourinput
- Perfect complement to SurCode for Dolby EEncoder
- v2.5 includes an RTAS plug-in running on Pro Tools 8, 9 HD, 10 or PT 8 LE with CompleteProduction Toolkit; 32 bit VST, and cross-platform Standalone support
- V3.0 includes a 32bit AAX plug-in running on Pro Tools 10.3.6 or higher, a 64 bit AAX plug-in running on Pro Tools 11 & 12 and Media Composer 8.1 or higher; 64 bit VST for qualified 2.4 surroundcapable hosts.
- Built–in loudness measurement for simplified workflows & EBU R 128 &CALM–compliant deliverables
Built For LoudnessStandards
Broadcasters the world over need to deliver loudness–compliant content for mandated delivery channels, and should correct all material, regardless of channel and platform. SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II displays seven different standard loudness measurement parameters:
- ITU 1770 ungated Integrated Loudness inLKFS
- ITU 1770-2/3 gated Integrated Loudness inLKFS
- EBU R 128 Integrated Loudness inLUFS
- Dialog–anchored IntegratedLoudness
- Maximum Momentary & Short Term Loudness
These real time loudness measurements allow you to adjust and verify objective loudness parameters of both your source files and encoded LtRt content.
Complete – End to End
SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II allows an end–to–end, encode/decode cycle for direct control of your mix’s entire life cycle. In addition to a reference grade LtRt encoder, SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II also provides a facility for stereo or LoRo output as well. The encoded LtRt can be monitored as a non– decoded stereo stream or decoded as a surround stream.
SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II enables engineers to use SurCode technology in your favorite Avid or VST DAW, making it a powerful, time-saving tool to efficiently mix directly in your DAW. Now the exact same phase and amplitude behavior of the Pro Logic II consumer decoding chain can be monitored and levels corrected if necessary, saving time and ensuring the highest quality output during the mixing process. SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II version 2.5 also offers a cross–platform, standalone version for use in any workstation environment.
SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II monitoring and loudness measurement tools and built-in encoding/ decoding features enable mixes to be optimized for all playback situations, regardless of whether the LtRt is decoded into surround or remains in stereo mode as delivered.
Tools For Today … and Tomorrow
SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II continues the Minnetonka Audio tradition of supplying discriminating audio professionals with full featured Dolby codecs. In keeping with our parallel philosophy to streamline workflows, version 3 integrated loudness measurement saves time and money while reinforcing industry best practices.
SurCode is the world’s most trusted family of professional codecs for Dolby formats, with pro–level service and support. As with all members of the SurCode family, SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II is fully Dolby–certified, allowing the use of associated Dolby trademarks and branding.
For television, radio, corporate, industrial, games, OTT or Mobile/Hybrid; anywhere your client wants to deliver engaging, compelling, forward and backwards–compatible content, Dolby Surround is the format of choice, and SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II delivers easy LtRt content with complete confidence.
SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II is built for use in Avid’s Pro Tools, Media Composer, NewsCutter and Symphony, using the AAX, RTAS and AudioSuite formats. The installer provides cross–platform VST support as well, for Nuendo, Pyramix, Sequoia, Fairlight and other surround VST 2 compliant hosts. Also installed are cross–platform, standalone applications for Windows and Mac OS.
- Pace iLok USB Smart Key and PACE iLok.com account (not included)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6.8 - 10.12 / Windows 7 - 10
- Legacy RTAS plug-in for Pro Tools 7.4 HD - 10.3.10; Media Composer Family 6 and 7
- AAX Real-Time plug-in for Pro Tools 10.3.6 - 12.8.x; Media Composer Family 8.1 or higher
- 32/64 bit VST for qualified VST 2.4 host (Nuendo, Pyramix, Sequoia)
- Legacy Native: Mac OS X 10.6.8 - 10.8.5; Windows 7 - 10