LQ-1000 - Loudness Quality Monitor
Accepting up to 8 channels of baseband or Dolby® Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus, or Dolby E encoded audio via AES or HD/SD-SDI I/O, LQ-1000 provides simultaneous LKFS loudness measurements for two independent programs (5.1+2) plus a downmix per ITU-R BS.1770-3 and EBU R128 standards.
Color-coded loudness values and bar graph meters with adjustable integration times are easily visible on the vibrant front-panel display along with a loudness histogram, True Peak readings, and dialnorm and coding metadata values.
Individual loudness logs for both the primary and secondary audio inputs covering the past 24 hours, 48 hours, 7 days, and a user-defined time period are available via the built-in HTTP server allowing stations to keep records of their loudness measurements.
A rear-panel VGA output allows information to be viewed on an external monitor or multi-viewer while full IP remote control support including metering displays is available via the provided NfRemote PC application. Many existing units can be upgraded to support remote connectivity – please contact Linear Acoustic for details.
LKFS metering for two programs (5.1+2) plus downmix
ITU-R BS.1770-3 and EBU R128 compliant
Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby E decoding standard
Large color-coded numeric display shows current loudness value
Three additional bar-graph meters with adjustable integration times
Histogram shows loudness history and trends
24 hour, 48 hour, 7 day, and user-defined loudness logging for all meters and programs
Built-in HTTP server for retrieval of loudness logs
Front panel headphone output
GPIO for external start/stop/reset and alarms
LQ-1000 IN DEPTH
The bright LCD front panel display presents a wealth of important loudness information all at once, but remains easy to read at a glance. Critical loudness parameters like short, medium, and long term loudness, loudness history, current peak level, maximum peak level, and the loudness target are displayed.
The most important information – the current LKFS loudness value – is boldly displayed as a numeric value and is color-coded to represent the roughly 16dB-wide loudness “comfort zone” which is aligned around the adjustable target level. The visual is simple: blue is too quiet, green is just right, yellow is getting loud, and red is too loud.
Loudness readings from the last 24 hours, 48 hours, 7 days, plus a user-defined period of time from all meters of both the 5.1 and 2-channel inputs plus the downmix are stored in the universal .csv format and can be retrieved via the built-in HTTP server.
- ITU-R BS.1770-3 and EBU R128
Audio Input and Decoding
Baseband (PCM) input plus Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby E decoding standard
- Four 75-Ohm AES inputs and outputs via female BNC connectors; Outputs of selected inputs: AES, De-embedded SDI, Dolby decoded. Signal levels per SMPTE 276/AES-3ID-2001
- Auto-sensing HD/SD-SDI (SMPTE 292M/259M) inputs up to 1080i/60/59.94/50Hz, access to all 16 audio channels plus VANC metadata per SMPTE 2020M methods A and B.
- Re-clocked HD/SD-SDI output
- I/4’’ (6.35mm) front panel connector with volume control
Parallel GPI/O Control Port
- 25-pin female D connector, 0-5V TTL levels for external start/stop/reset and alarms
Serial Metadata Input
- 9-pin female D connector, 115 kbps per SMPTE 207M (RS-422/485): Directly interfaces with Dolby metadata (SMPTE RDD6)
- 640x480 for connection to external monitor or multi-viewer
- Gigabit Ethernet via RJ45 for remote control, HTTP access, and network logging.
- Windows®-compatible TCP/IP remote control with included application for full setup and control, ITU-R BS.1770 metering for all programs, encoder statistics, and return audio for remote monitoring (network speed permitting). HTTP server allows get/set control from PC.
- Dual power supplies, each rated at 100-240 VAC, auto-ranging, 100 W maximum
Dimensions and Weight
3.5”H (2RU) x 19”W x 17”D; (89 x 483 x 432mm)
Net weight 10.8 lbs. (4.9 kg), approximate.
Shipping Weight and Dimensions
22”W x 20”D x 9”H (559 x 508 x 229 mm)
Net weight:16 lbs. (7.3 kg), approximate.
North America: FCC and CE tested and compliant, power supply is UL approved.
Europe: Complies with the European Union Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS), as amended by Commission Decisions 2005/618/EC, 2005/717/ EC, 2005/747/EC (RoHS Directive), and WEEE.
Standard 2-year limited parts and labor